Thursday, September 8, 2011

Update 9/8/11

Mom is still in the hospital. Her counts are starting to stabilize and get better. Her last fever was early this morning, so hopefully she is done with these fevers! She is also getting her anti-fungal medication in a pill now, instead of IV, so if she were able to go home and still need that medication it would be something she could take at home.
Keep up the prayers that the counts will rise and the fevers will stop so Mom can come home!
Some good news from Dad: he had another appointment today and the liver scan shows that the tumor has been reduced to a mere scar! This is excellent evidence that the radiation was effective as originally indicated back in May. His liver function numbers are a little wacky, but not any more out of whack than before, so he said they are "holding their own".

More to follow...thanks for all the prayers and support.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about your dad's scan. In this world of 'ugly' cancer, it's nice to hear when someone gets good news. Mary, I continue to pray for you. You are such a terrific person but I think God picked the wrong person for this one. You are a fighter and with your family and friends praying, I hope things start getting better. When I get down, I think of you and Don laughing at whatever. It's a very vivid image in my mind that I truly LOVE. I love you. Barbara Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad to hear Winnie's good report!! Also, glad they have this pill for Mary. Pray it helps prevents hospital stays and that she goes home soon. Praying for all. Love ya Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I do not post anything very often - but my thoughts and prayers are there for Mary and all the family - poor Winny - in my prayers also. Take care of yourself also Melissa

    ReplyDelete