Saturday, May 28, 2011

Update 5/28/11

     Well, Mary finished her first 7 day cycle of Chemotherapy last night about 10:30 PM. We spent a quite night without the machine beeping at times as usual. We now wait and see how effective this first round was. They will monitor her for 4-5 days and then do another Bone Marrow Biopsy to  find out more specific results. Further treatment schedule will be decided based upon these results and I suppose the cytogenetics of her particular type of Myeloid Leukemia. Although they have not seemed to concerned with those cytogenetic numbers yet. I think it takes awhile to get those results. Steven and Brad, I will let you know when I find out what they are.
      Overall I would say Mary has has held up better than I thought and better than expected in general. The doctors continue to warn us that it is about to get rough iin the next few days, but we will have to wait and see. Everyone has different reactions or degrees of reaction. Thanks for all your prayers, concerns and support. Thank God for our children and their spouses. They have pitched in together and made everything as smooth as possible while dealing with their own concerns, They most assuredly have made Mary and my struggles easier.
 
Windford

1 comment:

  1. Mary & Winnie - we are in awe and inspired by the level of love, support and prayers that have showered down on you both and your children, grandchildren and all of us!

    Patrick said it best - as the baby of the family Mary - you have shown us all the love, spirit and joy that has now come home to roost in this time of need! With every visit - I have been so moved at how you are dealing with this illness. I know in my heart that this leukemia does not stand a chance against someone like you - so full of life - so looking forward to what tomorrow will bring! And you will be at the Fair in July to cheer Dominick on to a win at that show!
    Winnie - thank you, your love for my baby sister is so very clear to us all! She gains such strengh from it. Love you both very much! All our prayers, postive thoughts & support are with you & remember I am just 12 mins away! R

    ReplyDelete