Sunday, June 12, 2011

Update on Mary 6/12/11

Yesterday (Saturday) Mary's white count had went up for the first time since about May 26th. This was a good sign. It has fallen a few points this morning, but still is higher than it has been in over a week. However her platelet's and red blood cells had dropped enough that she will get transfusions for both of those today.
Her hair had began to shed and come out in larger and more frequent occasions so she decided to have Melissa and Amanda finish shaving her hair off yesterday. Now I just have to figure out how to tie the scarfs properly. Overall she is doing pretty good and it is just a matter of her counts getting high enough and stabilized to get her a break from here at the hospital.
 
Windford

5 comments:

  1. I pray for the counts to get higher and stabilized so you can get out for a bit. Thinking of you daily (all of you).

    Winnie, you will be fine on the scarfs.

    Love all of you and praying. Barbara and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary,
    It was so nice visiting with you last Thursday, I miss you! GO WHITE COUNT, GO......that sounds positive. As far as the platelets and red count, stay positive. Power of prayer is the greatest power of all and you have many, many prayers being said for you each and every day. And no hair....well enjoy the freedom! Just think, no more bed-head, or tangles to worry about! I hope you enjoy the different looks & styles you can create with the scarves, be creative and have fun with it.

    Winnie, thanks so much for the update, and remember to take care of yourself too!

    Thoughts & prayers to you & all the family!

    Tammy Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that people can go and donate platelets just for Mary. That's a gift that can keep on giving. Can you post information on that? - Thanks! Joan :)

    Way to keep go on the hair Mary! It will bug you less and you get to wear some cool scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear good news. Tell Mary Hi and I am thinking about her and family. Brenda Oliphant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, Mary, Mary... Bless your little ole' soul. Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. I love you, my friend. When Melissa told me what was going on, I felt like I was punched in the gut. You are in my prayers. I will keep in touch through your blog. When you are home I really would love to come and hang out with you.
    Remember, when God shuts a door, he opens a window. Keep the faith. I know the outcome will be miraculous.
    Love, Penny

    ReplyDelete